ADMINISTRATOR AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANT
To start on 1st November 2019.
Closing date for application 11th October 2019. The school will appoint before this date where a suitable candidate applies.
We would consider a job share.
Pay and Conditions
- Salary: £12, 669 per annum
- 32.5 hours per week during term time: 09:30 – 16:30 Mondays to Fridays
- 6hrs per week for 11 weeks during the school holiday periods .
- Holidays must not be taken during School term time.
- Contributory pension scheme.
To support the Head Teacher, teaching staff and Trustees in providing a first class financial and administrative service which will enhance the performance and reputation of the school. The principle areas of responsibility are:
Strict financial control of all income and expenditure together with producing accurate records of financial book keeping and reports.
- Production of monthly staff salaries accurately and on time. This will include deductions for tax, NI and pensions together with school contributions to our Pensions contractor and the payment of deducted tax and NI to HMRC.
- Production of periodic statutory returns to HMRC and the Charities Commission as directed by our Financial Advisor/Auditor.
- Provide secretarial services to the Head Teacher, such as writing fee letters to parents, managing correspondence, diligent filing (most of which is confidential), reception services, dealing with telephone calls and occasional emergency playground cover.
- Undertake all procedures as detailed in the full job description and recommend changes or enhancements as appropriate.
Qualifications and experience required.
- The candidate must have proven successful experience in finance, book keeping, wages and general administration in a small to medium business or school. Academic qualifications as a minimum; GCSE grade B in English and Maths. Priority will be given to candidates with good grades in A level Maths, English or Economics.
- The candidate must be skilled in the use of computers and be fluent in Word and Excel. It will be highly desirable if the candidate has experience in QuickBooks or similar book keeping or accounting systems, school Management Information System (MIS) and online data management.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Detailed Job description: Administrator And Finance Assistant
Vacancy for January 2020
- Part Time Teacher of Computer Science KS3(6 lessons: 4 hrs).
Please apply before October 31st 2019.
Salary 16K to 21K full time equivalent depending on experience and lessons taught
Person specification for all TEACHING posts
You will be a caring, prayerful person able to understand individual pupil needs and how to manage a mixed age group of up to 10 children. You will work well in a team.
You will have experience of teaching at this age group and able to give examples of your good practice.
You will be able to apply the Christian ethos and values of the school to your teaching of the children with a strong commitment to social, moral, spiritual and cultural education and British values.
You will be a person with obvious compassion, a commitment to community life and experience beyond the classroom, maybe in Church work or charitable work.
You will be a teacher at the school. You will be working with staff to develop your area of the curriculum.
Each candidate will need to complete Safeguarding checks and training.
We are an equal opportunities employer. As a designated faith school we will take into consideration a candidate’s faith as allowed in the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 22 paragraph 4.