Our Purpose and Aims
- to communicate the love of God
- to acknowledge God in all that is done so that he might show the way (Proverbs 3:5 to 6)
- to pass on to the next generation the wisdom we have learned (Deut 6: 6 to 9)
- to bring others into this heritage
- to enable children to fulfil their potential in all aspects of their schooling
- to achieve excellence in the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of children
Such a curriculum is characterised as aiming to be excellent and glorifying to God, to lead children into the wisdom and discipleship of Christ and to pass on to the next generation the truths learned by those who know Jesus.
Truths are to be found through a relationship with Jesus, in studying the Christian bible, in the lives of heroes of the cross and in the lives of those around us who share our faith and in studying the creation.
Jesus says, “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.” (John 14:6) and this is the shared faith of the teachers.
It is intended that the curriculum should assist pupils to acquire a critical understanding of their own cultures and other cultures in a way that promotes harmony between people within the faith framework that Jesus is the only Way to the Father.